Posted 2 years ago
By Scott Carlson
Railroad spokesman Mark Davis says the two and another worker were using a blowtorch on the coupler end of a car when the accident occurred Saturday. A hot oil, likely hydraulic fluid, spilled onto the workers, burning hands and faces.
All three workers were taken to Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte. One was treated and released. The other two were taken to a burn unit. Davis declined to disclose their names.
The accident is being investigated.