Posted 5 months ago
By Robert Lovell
A recent 2012 research study conducted by University of Minnesota researchers found that teens are using steroids and muscle-enhancing substances at higher rates than previously thought. The study found that 5.9 percent of boys in the survey reported using steroids, while the rate among girls was 4.6 percent. The findings were surprising, especially since some of the steroid users were only in seventh or eighth grade.
Earlier unrelated studies have found that:
1. Among those who admit using steroids, 80 percent said they believed the drugs could help them achieve their athletic dreams
2. 65 percent of steroid users would be willing to use a pill or powder, including dietary supplements, if it guaranteed they would reach their athletic goals, even if it might harm their health
3. 57 percent of users said they would use it even if it could shorten their lives
4. About 6 in 10 users believe that professional athletes have the right to use steroids, and they think that using anabolic steroids for athletic purposes is legal.
5. About 60 percent of users said that professional athletes influenced their (or a friend’s) decision to use PEDs
Beyond the Zone is a feature/documentary of how a 55 year old amateur powerlifter has defied the odds by setting two World Weightlifting Endurance Records at 53, and 54 years and is positioned to attempt another world record in 2013 at 55 – drug free!
It’s a unique story of ground breaking “drug free” fitness training, teamwork, hard work, focus and inspiration developed to prove that performance enhancing drugs are not needed to reach your fitness – sports goals at any age!
All the funds from this campaign will be used to produce a 30 minute feature-documentary on the process of training as a “total athlete” and utilizing ground breaking training techniques to break World Weightlifting Records drug free! Big things are possible if you work hard, smart and stay clean!
No joke, no gimmicks!
Child obesity, rampant steroid use, unhealthy adult lifestyles, etc. are not the only headlines people need to read! Anyone can be strong and healthy, young or old…it’s just a matter of knowledge, a plan and lots of hard work!
Baby boomers to fitness enthusiasts and teen athletes to elite pro athletes at any age react to this story with excitement, interest and motivation……..… branding together the marketing opportunities are endless!
The effort is the development of a not-for-profit film documentary “Beyond the Zone” about “Winning Big without Performance Enhancing Drugs” – It Is Possible. http://www.indiegogo.com/