- Today: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 2pm. High near 38. Windy, with a north wind 22 to 27 mph increasing to 29 to 34 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight: A 10 percent chance of snow before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a northwest wind 21 to 31 mph decreasing to 9 to 19 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. West northwest wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 24. West northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
Winter Weather Advisory
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTH PLATTE NE 403 AM CDT TUE MAR 18 2014 ...SNOW AND STRONG WINDS FOR TODAY... .STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS AND SNOW WILL OCCUR ACROSS THE NORTHERN PART OF NEBRASKA TODAY AND THIS AFTERNOON AS A STRONG STORM SYSTEM MOVES ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS. RAIN WILL QUICKLY CHANGE TO SNOW THIS MORNING. ALTHOUGH THE SNOW IS NOT LIKELY TO ACCUMULATE TO MUCH DUE TO WARM GROUND TEMPERATURES...WINDS BLOWING FROM THE NORTH AT 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH WILL LIKELY CAUSE BLOWING SNOW WHICH COULD MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS. CONDITIONS WILL IMPROVE LATE THIS AFTERNOON AS THE SNOW MOVES OUT OF THE AREA AND WINDS BEGIN TO DIMINISH. NEZ056>059-069-070-190000- /O.EXB.KLBF.WW.Y.0007.140318T1500Z-140319T0000Z/ DEUEL-KEITH-PERKINS-LINCOLN-CHASE-HAYES- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHAPPELL...BIG SPRINGS...OGALLALA... GRANT...NORTH PLATTE...IMPERIAL...HAYES CENTER 403 AM CDT TUE MAR 18 2014 /303 AM MDT TUE MAR 18 2014/ ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM CDT /9 AM MDT/ THIS MORNING TO 7 PM CDT /6 PM MDT/ THIS EVENING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORTH PLATTE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM CDT /9 AM MDT/ THIS MORNING TO 7 PM CDT /6 PM MDT/ THIS EVENING. * TIMING...RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW THIS MORNING AND END LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. * SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES. * WIND...NORTHERLY WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH. * IMPACTS...SNOW...BLOWING SNOW...AND STRONG WINDS WILL LIKELY CREATE VISIBILITY REDUCTIONS AND ANY SNOW ACCUMULATING ON ROAD SURFACES WILL CAUSE SLICK DRIVING CONDITIONS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR BLOWING SNOW MEANS THAT VISIBILITIES WILL BE LIMITED DUE TO STRONG WINDS BLOWING SNOW AROUND. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS.