- Today: A chance of rain and snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow between 1pm and 2pm. Patchy blowing dust after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 36 by 1pm. Windy, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph increasing to 29 to 34 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 19 to 29 mph decreasing to 6 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph.
- Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Breezy, with a northeast wind 7 to 12 mph becoming southeast 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. East wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 46. East wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTH PLATTE NE 415 AM CDT MON MAR 31 2014 ...STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS TODAY... .WINDS WILL INCREASE THIS MORNING...WITH STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS TO CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. WIND SPEEDS OF 30 TO 35 MPH ARE LIKELY WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH AT TIMES. THE WINDS WILL SUBSIDE THIS EVENING. BOYD-BROWN-ROCK-HOLT-GARDEN-GRANT-HOOKER-THOMAS-BLAINE-LOUP- GARFIELD-WHEELER-ARTHUR-MCPHERSON-LOGAN-CUSTER-DEUEL-KEITH- PERKINS-LINCOLN-CHASE-HAYES-FRONTIER- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SPENCER...AINSWORTH...BASSETT... ONEILL...OSHKOSH...HYANNIS...MULLEN...THEDFORD...DUNNING... TAYLOR...BURWELL...BARTLETT...ARTHUR...TRYON...STAPLETON... BROKEN BOW...CHAPPELL...BIG SPRINGS...OGALLALA...GRANT... NORTH PLATTE...IMPERIAL...HAYES CENTER...CURTIS...EUSTIS 415 AM CDT MON MAR 31 2014 /315 AM MDT MON MAR 31 2014/ ...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM CDT /7 AM MDT/ THIS MORNING TO 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/ THIS EVENING... A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM CDT /7 AM MDT/ THIS MORNING TO 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/ THIS EVENING. * TIMING: WINDS WILL INCREASE THROUGH THE MORNING AND REMAIN STRONG INTO THE EVENING HOURS. * WINDS: WEST TO NORTHWEST AT 30 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH POSSIBLE. * IMPACTS: DRIVERS OF LIGHT WEIGHT OR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION AND BE PREPARED FOR STRONG CROSSWINDS. ALSO...BLOWING DUST IN OPEN AREAS COULD CAUSE VISIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINDS OF 30 MPH OR GREATER ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT... ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.