The Nebraska Department of Roads says Highway 30 will be closed to thru traffic beginning April 21st.
Crews will begin resurfacing the road which will include:
- Milling the existing 24” surface.
- Placement of 5″ concrete on the 24″ driving surface.
- Replacement of existing County Road intersections with concrete.
- Overlay of the existing surfaced shoulders and private driveways to match the new concrete roadway.
- Placement of rumble strips.
NDOR officials say the speed limit in the construction zone will be reduced to 35 mph.
Residents and landowners that access their property from Highway 30 between Cozad and Lexington will still be able to do so during the project, and the road will still be accessible to local traffic.
Unauthorized vehicles traveling in the construction zone will be subject to a fine of $300.
NDOR says all thru traffic will be required to use Interstate 80.
The work is scheduled to be completed by the fall of 2014.