Posted 10 months ago
By Associated Press
Dispatcher Britney Melchor said she was training another dispatcher who took the call and wrote down the home address.
Melchor realized it was her own son who needed medical attention.
Melchor says she initially panicked. But then her training took hold, and she dispatched paramedics to her home.
Her 14-month-old son, Maverick, had swallowed a metal washer, starting the May 27 ordeal. The boy’s father, Robert Kimball, was able to dislodge the washer just as help arrived.
Melchor is a dispatcher in Marysville, a small city about 40 miles north of Sacramento.