Regulators say a crew struck a gas line underneath the sidewalk in front of M’s Pub on Jan. 9. Gas leaked into the basement of the building and exploded. An M’s Pub employee was taken to a hospital with cuts and a firefighter was treated after slipping on ice.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said Monday that North Central Service, of Bemidji, Minnesota, didn’t use “safe and acceptable” means to find underground utilities in the area. OSHA is proposing a $4,900 fine.
A company spokesman didn’t immediately return a call Tuesday from The Associated Press.