Items of note from the NSAA Board of Directors meeting on November 10, 2016
- It was approved by an 8-0 vote to approve revisions to Approved Ruling 184.108.40.206, regarding diversity on the NSAA Board of Directors. The revisions are:
“At least one of the two District 1 Board of Director positions shall be designated for a female representative and at least one of the two District 2 Board of Director positions shall be designated for a racial minority representative. Compliance with this ruling shall take effect at the next time (after November 10, 2016) that a sitting Board of Director member from these two districts vacates the Board position or is defeated for re-election.”
- Representatives from the communities of Lincoln, Columbus, Grand Island, Norfolk, Wayne, North Platte and Hastings appeared before the NSAA Board of Directors to present a bid to host future NSAA Girls Golf Championships.
- By a vote of 7-1, it was approved to accept the bids of Norfolk (Class A), Columbus (Class B) and North Platte (Class C) for the next three years of the NSAA Girls Golf Championships.
- NSAA Associate Director Deb Velder announced that Kearney High School and Ravenna High School were winners of the 2016 NebraskARTS Award. For more information on this award, please email Deb Velder – email@example.com.
- NSAA Assistant Director Ron Higdon reported on a pair of wrestling items. Separate surveys have been sent to NSAA member schools, as the NSAA continues to collect data on a potential format/date change for the NSAA Dual Wrestling Championships and interest from NSAA member schools in the activity of girls wrestling.
The next meeting of the NSAA Board of Directors will be held on Wednesday, December 7th at 8 AM in a meeting room at the Norfolk Lodge & Suites.